Dec 14, 2005

after every hit we take

After every hit we take
The bruises refuse to fade
And every move we make
Is just another regret made
I live through all the days
Each day is a slap in the face
And I try to fight off the daze
That has already taken place
I clenched my fists and swallow the rage
Wish not to exist, this is just a stage
Maybe a dream, not what is seems
Start over clean, what does this mean?
Life treats me like its punching bag
But this bag is full of rocks
And I'm only one swing away
From you getting knocked
Fucking throw pies at my face
I'll catch them and throw them back
Run down the street like a chase
When I find you, I'll attack
Every memory that was born
Every dagger and every thorn
Every promise that you've sworn
Every picture that you've torn
Change the course of life
Or take it with a knife
And it will never be alright
Cry myself to sleep at night
Every tear worth a slice
Every roll with a dice
No luck, you can’t play nice
Skating on thin ice
This game plays me like a fiddle
Speaks in secret riddles
And this blade really tickles
Down the red blood trickles
Rocking in the fetal position
Every night it seems like a tradition
Voices in my head, forced to listen
Tears in my eyes start to glisten
Piercing stares because of my reputation
Awkward feeling ruining concentration
Regrets swirled into frustration
Uncontrollable pain sensations
And I try to fight it all
But every time I stand, I seem to fall
Every mountain looks too tall
Every step, more like a crawl
Because, after every hit we take
The bruises refuse to fade
And every move we make
Is just another regret made

-vicki-
(poetictimes.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home