Aug 31, 2009

How to shut Black up

Lazy (adjective): Disinclined to work or exertion

I was sms-ing a friend of mine about how I do not want to go out with him. It was already evening; the weather was hot (maybe not THAT hot but still…), it’s the fasting month and the time to break fast was coming soon. Furthermore, I don’t want to be in a situation where I have to rush from where ever I am just to reach home in time for break fast; it’s very troublesome.

Well, that’s the cleaned up version of the truth.

Alright, the main reason for me not wanting to go was because I was lazy; plain old pure LAZY. I’m human. The chances of me being able to successfully avoid that characteristic are…non-existence. So there! That’s the god’s honest truth. I’m sorry Black. Truly sorry.

Anyway, while I was apologizing for my laziness, that I’m sure most of us has it, in which it got me thinking that it’s really unnecessary for me to justify my laziness, for its part of being human, but with me being me, I apologized.

So in the midst of me composing a long sms of apology, I just remembered I have yet to wish him a ‘Happy Birthday’ (reason being, I kind of sort of forgot his birthday?) Imagine my surprise when I totally forgot about that small little information. I think this may be due to the fact that I actually met up with him before the fasting month to pass him his birthday gift as well as brownies, chocolates AND cookies. Ain’t he a lucky dude?

Anyway, doing the only right thing I could think of, I said, “Hey, at least I wished you a Happy Birthday in advance, bought for you stuffs AND baked goodies for you.”

That being said, I went to lengthen my sms of apology (from time to time, I do feel guilty you know).

I thought I did a great job in composing a heartfelt apology but was I forgiven? Noooo…I wasn’t let off the hook that easily. He made me walk down the guilt trip!! He said, and I quote, “It’s my birthday and you’re doing this to me? How could you?” If he thinks that’s going to make me feel guilty, he got another thing coming for him.

So I brought out the big guns. Instead of saying sorry, like what any normal apologetic people would say (which is obviously not me), I said, “Let’s call it even. This for all those times you stood me up or pang-seh me.”

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you shut Black up. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home