Sep 7, 2009

stupid, stinking inspiration!!

It’s difficult being me.

I am someone that has a memory space worst than a one year old. The things I remember are limited to those that occurred 5 or 10 minutes ago. I’m cursed with a bad memory I tell you and this is NOT due to my excessive drinking of coffee whatsoever.

There I was, thinking of ways on how to ensure that my cookies for Hari Raya would stay as fresh as it was when they are out from the oven without having to put them in the freezer when an (inconvenient) inspiration struck me. As of right now, my mom and I are having a little bit of dispute about who gets the space in the freezer because when Hari Raya comes, my mom wants to use the freezer but on the other hand, so do I. Though if you ask me, that kind of size should hardly be called a space and not worth fighting over but desperate times calls for desperate measures right?

Anyway, while I was trying to come up with solutions of any kind, trying being the operative word here, the inspiration stuck. Just like that. It doesn’t even relate to what I was thinking about!! One minute I was thinking of buying tones of airtight containers to put my cookies in and the next I was coming with ways to decorate my brownies using chocolate plastic.

Damn!

Despite the fact that it’s an inconvenient inspiration, it was a useful one. It was about the different ways I could decorate my brownies.

Since I am known for a master in ‘short-term-memory’, I frantically searched for papers I could write on. Any papers I could get my hands on would do just fine so it is only natural that this would be one of the moments where I am so grateful that the printer was beside my study table. Grabbing the papers from the paper tray, I drew out what I had in mind.

Having taken a back seat, my findings for solution on “how-to-keep-cookies-fresh” dilemma was soon forgotten and my brownie decoration became my main priority. With that being said, I was done with that after half an hour or so. I then resumed back to coming up with solutions for my “how-to-keep-cookies-fresh” dilemma only to find out that I had nothing to work with.

I did not write down all the previous solutions I had come up with prior to the stupid, stinking, inconvenient inspiration!

“Well, that got to suck.” Heaving a deep sigh, I began thinking of solutions that could help with my “how-to-keep-cookies-fresh” dilemma all over again. This time, with my pen and papers on hand.

Like the saying goes, ‘Once bitten, twice shy.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home