Dec 9, 2007

It's funny how life's journey may take you.

I've always prided myself as someone who keeps their emotions in control. Crying in front of someone is never an option. Sure, I've cried in front of people but they are my family members. So it is alright. But lately, I think crying is not a sign of weakness. It allows you to feel better and move on with your life but of course you can't indulge yourself with it. I'm the kind of person that thinks 'whatever I do not know won't kill me.' I've lived staunchly by this statement and so far, it does not get me anywhere. So now, I know better. I should open my eyes to all the possibilities and not let whatever things I do not know, be the cause of my sufferings or misery in the future.

So many things are happening in my life right now and yet, none of closest friends knows about it. I do not know whether is it because I don't want to tell them or is it because they couldn't spare a minute to ask how I am doing. It's funny how they say that they would always be there for you and should you need anything, they are just a call away. It may be true for some of my friends but the ones I expected have let me down. Apart from my siblings, they were not the first one I turn to. Heck, their name didn't even cross my mind when I got the news and to think I consider those people my close friends, the ones I thought we would go through thick and thin together and come hell or high water, we'd be there for one another. So now I know better. As time move on, so do our lives. Our circle of friends changes and there will never be a point in time of your life that you would have friendship that live up to your expectations. True friends are the ones who don't need any reasons to contact you. They contact you just for the sake of contacting and asking how you are.

So, as of this moment, there are 6 billion 4 hundred 70 million 8 hundred 18 thousand 6 hundred and 71 people in this world. And all I'm asking for is one kind soul to ask how I am doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home